CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

When I was Thirteen...

When I was thirteen, friends, sports, student government, family and volunteering were the key ingredients that made up my life as a growing teen. I was very involved in school always trying something new and ready to meet new people. Nevertheless, this was an awkward time for friends especially girls with social groups and “clicks” slowly emerging. There were the popular people, the nerds, the athletes and debaters. It certainly makes the movie “Mean Girls” come to life! But I frequently wondered, where did I fit in? The search for identity and sense of belonging was hurtful and helpful at times. You realized who your real friends were and more importantly, who you were as a person. However, I do not miss the days when your ‘best friend’could change each week and people judged you by the designer clothes you wear. I would not want to repeat some of those teenage years. ~Bri

0 comments: