CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

May Angels Surround You

Remembering Pops: 12/14/30~ 4/4/08

To some he was Anthony, Tony, or Smitty, and others Hun, Pops or Papa.

Today especially, I can’t stop thinking about my Pops a very special husband, brother, uncle and grandfather.

One place I could guarantee to find Pops was sitting in his special spot at the kitchen table. While waiting for you with open arms, you could always find him working on his Suduko, read the paper or working on a crossword puzzle.


Growing up Pops was there to play dolls with me in the playroom. Then he was there to help teach me to ride a bike. As I got older, he would drive me to ballet lessons where I could always find him watching me from a distance clapping. As an athlete, Pops and Nana were my cheering squad on the side lines of the sports field. From babysteps to braces to college Pops was always there.


But the most memorable times that vividly stand out in my mind are the conversations that Nana, Pops and I shared at that same round table in their kitchen. Through good times and bad, we talked about everything. From college admissions, classes, work, family, even boys Pops always gave you his best advice, because he loved you so much. He was always there for you believing in who you are and what you will become.


It is so hard to understand why god has taken him in? But I try to always keep our special memories together close to my heart. When I get sad my Nana always reminds me that Pops is now another guardian angel in our cheering section up in heaven. Always believing, always loving and always knowing that you are someone special.


A huge thank you to all my friends of the RIC community who have supported me and carried me through these tough couple of weeks. My pops always said after I transferred schools
"RIC is another blessing in my life." Thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Much Love, Bri

1 comments:

Dr. Lesley Bogad said...

I am so pleased to see you use your blog to share this with a larger audience. You have been a picture of grace while dealing with a lot of sadness and loss. I am honored to have been able to know your Pops through your eyes this semester.

Warmly,

LB